1. Interest rates are going up! As interest rates continue to rise, mortgage rates are expected to move up too. That will influence both how much home you can afford, as well as how much you’ll pay over the span of the loan. Think a one or two percent increase won’t affect your bottom line too much? Think again! If you buy a $250,000 home with a 30-year mortgage: • At 4.125%, you’ll pay $1,212 / month. • At 5.125%, you’ll pay $1,361 / month.
That’s a difference of $53,640 over the life of the loan. Don’t waste your hard-earned money – lock in a lower rate ASAP!
2. Seasonal incentives. If there’s a home or community you’re interested in, check to see if we have incentives that may sweeten the deal. If you come in at the right time, you might save big bucks!
3. Industry-wide costs are rising. Throughout the homebuilding industry, the costs of materials and labor are going up. This has a direct effect on home prices, and forces us to try to balance our costs with a your ability to afford a home. Material and labor costs are wild cards at the moment, so we can’t predict the long-term results.
4. Inventory homes. If you need to move quickly or want to be in your new home sooner rather than later, one of our inventory homes may be a good bet. Take a look at the “Available homes” page on our website. It just may be that the home of your dreams is literally waiting for you!
5. A sense of community. No matter which Buffington home or community you choose to live in, one of the most wonderful benefits we offer is a true sense of community. Our neighborhoods are conveniently located near schools, shopping, and local work places, fitting a variety of lifestyles.
6. The green factor. These days, builders know that homeowners are more energy conscious. As a result, many new homes offer double-pane windows, energy efficient appliances, energy-conserving lighting and more… all features that decrease your costs and carbon footprint.
7. Pride in ownership. A brand new home means that you are the first to own it, to live in it, to make it your own. It gives you a unique sense of pride. After all, you’ve been here since day one, had your style incorporated into the home, and made it yours every day since then.
At Buffington Homes, we build homes and communities in some of the most sought-after locations in Northwest Arkansas. Come see for yourself. You are welcome to walk through our model homes, and talk to the sales associate about any questions or concerns you may have about buying a new home. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Buffington Homes of Arkansas is a new home builder in Fayetteville, AR building homes and communities that fit a variety of lifestyles. Visit www.BuffingtonHomesAR.com for more information.