It’s almost time for The Big Game! Ready to throw a football party they’ll never forget? Everyone knows that the real reason people go to Super Bowl parties is the food… and the funny commercials throughout the game are equally as memorable! Below are some tips for hosting a fiesta in your new home that friends and family will remember.
- Pick a time for everyone to arrive and send out a mass text or email, Facebook message, etc. Make sure people know how to contact you to RSVP.
- Be sure to spread the word if it’s BYOB or potluck. Try to get a handle on who is bringing what. Chips & salsa? Pizzas? Wings? Sandwiches? Tell your guests to arrive hungry! Incorporate foods from each team's city, or include the teams' colors in your recipes.
- Offer more to drink than a boring old six-pack! Try creative cocktails and craft beers for those imbibing. And something equally festive for non-drinkers.
- Make sure you have enough seating for everyone – and that they can see the TV. No one wants to be uncomfortable when trying to pay attention to crucial plays or emotional commercials. Folding chairs, camp chairs, beanbag chairs, even blankets on the floor!
- Decorate with streamers in team colors, football-shaped balloons or maybe some mini footballs. Put together bags of football-themed confetti for celebrating TDs… or fumbles!
- Gather up any old jerseys, trophies and football paraphernalia. They’re free… and free is always good!
- Use astroturf to cover tables, create coasters, and even embellish your food spread. Or spread out Chalkboard Contact Paper and draw yard lines with chalk and a ruler. Leave out the chalk and let your guests strategize their own plays throughout the party.
- Be prepared for downtime. In case conversation dies down or there’s an unexpected black out, having a few football-themed party games is a great idea. Drinking games, trivia games, betting games… the list is endless!
In the end, Super Bowl parties are mostly about cheering and booing together. So plan to invite your friends, family and Buffington Homes neighbors over for some fun, and focus on food, football and friends. That’s what life is all about after all, right?
Buffington Homes of Arkansas is a new home builder in Fayetteville, AR building homes and communities that fit a variety of lifestyles. Visit www.BuffingtonHomesAR.com for more information.